We work together to continually develop and implement sustainable solutions. Through Green Thread, our environmental sustainability platform, we bring innovative and efficient solutions to life. We are passionately focused on reducing the environmental impact within our operations.
Here are just a few ways we work to make our campus more environmentally conscious:
Did you know Dining Services sources food from many local farmers, growers and distributors? The list changes throughout the year depending on seasonality and availability. However, here is a sampling of a few of our partners:
- Babe Farms: Santa Maria, CA
- Beylik Farm: Ventura, CA
- Chino Valley Ranchers: Moorpark, CA
- Cuyama Orchards: Cuyama, CA
- Frog Hollow Farm: Brentwood, CA
Eco To-Go Containers
Getting your meal to go from the Gastronome? Take part in our Eco To-Go program. Here’s how it works:
- Order your Dining on the Run meal at www.csufgastronome.com
- Select the first option to participate in our Eco To-go program and bring in a $5 cash deposit.
- Enjoy! Return your container on your next order for a clean one.
- Eco To-go containers are available for only a one time fee of $5 and only available with our Dining on the Run program